INDIGO Server overview
INDIGO Server is a server part of INDIGO framework wrapped into macOS GUI. It is INDIGO based replacement for INDI Server for OSX.
Even if it can be used separately, it are meant to work together and with other astronomy and astrophotography tools for macOS or iOS provided by CloudMakers and other vendors, like AstroImager, AstroGuider, AstroDSLR, AstroTelescope, INDIGO Control Panel, FITS Preview, iINDI or NightSky Toolbox, etc.
It can control many devices supported by built-in INDIGO drivers. Out-of-the-box it contains INDIGO drivers for the following devices:
- Simulator drivers,
- Atik CCD driver (Titan, 3xx/4xx/One/16200, VS/Infinity, 11000/4000) and EFW2 filter wheel drivers,
- StarlightXpress CCD and filter wheel drivers,
- SSAG/QHY5 CCD driver,
- Moravian Instruments CCD and wheel drivers,
- ZWO ASI CCD, filter wheel and USB-ST4 guider drivers,
- IIDC CCD driver (compatible USB 2.0+ or FireWire cameras, including Atik GP),
- FLI CCD, filter wheel driver and focuser drivers,
- SBIG CCD and filter wheel drivers (vendor SDK must be installed),
- Meade DSI CCD driver (experimental, unstable),
- QSI CCD driver (experimental, unstable),
- QHY CCD driver (experimental, unstable),
- AltairAstro CCD driver,
- ToupTek CCD driver,
- ICA (ImageCapture API) based driver with specific support for Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras,
- EQMac driver,
- LX200 compatible mount driver,
- NexStart compatible mount driver,
- Takahashi Temma mount driver,
- iOptron mount driver,
- Shoestring FCUSB focuser driver,
- USB_Focus V3 focuser driver,
- Moonlite focuser driver,
- PegasusAstro DMFC focuser driver,
- NStep focuser driver,
- NFocus focuser driver,
- Optec TCF-S focuser driver,
- MJKZZ macro rail focuser driver,
- WeMacro macro rail focuser driver,
- Quantum wheel driver,
- Optec wheel driver,
- TruTek wheel driver,
- Xagyl wheel driver,
- XGUSBST4 guider driver,
- HID Joystick AUX driver,
- NMEA GPS driver,
- PegasusAstro Ultimate Powerbox driver,
- Shoestring GPUSB guider driver,
- Shoestring DSUSB remote shutter driver,
- RTS-on-COM remote shutter driver.
What's new in version 3.11
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.88.
What's new in version 3.10
- dashboard/control panel widget for guiding stats added,
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.87.
What's new in version 3.9
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.85,
- new control panel widget,
- ZWO ASI focuser added.
What's new in version 3.8
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.76,
- Issue with USB devices on pre-Mojave systems fixed.
What's new in version 3.6
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.75,
- PegasusAstro Ultimate Powerbox driver added,
- AltairAstro and ToupTek driver added,
- more Mojave dark appearance cleanup.
What's new in version 3.5
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.74,
- Mojave dark appearance support added.
What's new in version 3.4
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.73.
What's new in version 3.3
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.68,
- list of manually added INDIGO services is persistent now.
Please note, that INDIGO Server contains many INDIGO drivers, but none of them is loaded by default. To enable the driver you actually need, select it on Preferences → INDIGO Drivers pane. You may need to scroll down to find some of them.
Initial setup and preferences
When INDIGO Server is started for the first time, preferences panel is shown.
Port number, Bonjour service name and Bonjour service type are parameters for configuration of internal INDIGO server. Do not change them unless you understand how INDIGO works. If something will go wrong you can try to set Log level to debug or trace to see more verbose output from INDIGO framework.
In the main window you can manage all properties of all devices hosted by local INDIGO bus.
To change property, navigate in device / Group / Property tree, enter new values of the items (changed values became red) and click Set.
If you want INDIGO client to use changed values on the next start, save configuration in "Configuration control" property in "Main" group of the device. You can also set particular profile in "Profile selection" property first.
Please note, that main window can be used only to control local devices. To access remote devices you need full featured INDIGO Control panel.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or bb.cloudmakers.eu.